Creativity kills …all bad ‘deceases’
Creativity should be the most-frequently repetitive word in the business world. From people that haven’t tried for it.
Creativity in products, markets, people’s management, company culture, Monday morning breakfast with employees.
Those that repeat it so much, don’t mean it; they use it in ‘hype’; they are faking it because it always implied that Creative=Good.
Sure, Creativity can be learned. It can be a solution to success. It is easily measured (determined) in real practice. But there’s no (some %) partial creativity and whole creativity. Either you’re in it, or not!
The enemies of Creative mindset, framework and output are :
- All mediocre, fearing, incompetent people.
- School teachers following 100% the ‘curriculum’.
- Parents that tell you what should you become.
- All governing officers in public and private sectors above the age of 50 years old.
- Political leaders who’re looking into opinion polls’ cross-tabulation.
- CEO’s who are agoraphobic, but political animals.
- Financial teams looking at life through the lens of excel.
- Advertisers and Brand managers who don’t know their audiences and fear of risk-taking.
- Agencies who exist for Client’s ‘yesmanship’.
- e-Commerce teams who haven’t gone out of their office once.
- Voters of old-fashioned, lazy, dirty cities.
- Our neighbour for not cleaning his part of the street from garbage.
It’s impossible to explain creativity. It’s like asking a bird, ‘How do you fly?’ You just do.
Creative minds have broken the rule of ‘Logos” and ‘Eros’. In the last 5-6 years, they avoid the corporate life and career. They recognize companies’ complacency (yes, it shows on the outside). They try to create their own future. Even there, they can’t work with boring, play-safe, know-it-all people.
If you do a good reading (and googling) the Fortune500 all have -more or less- a creative Brand and Culture.
This explains (conceptually) why you feel you live in a retarded world.